Most of us use Snapchat for its entertaining filters and lenses rather than its content. Snapchat’s lens feature may add stunning effects to your face or surroundings. The new butterfly Snapchat lens is popular. If you’ve seen this filter and wondered how to use it on Snapchat, I’ve listed five options. Why wait?
To unlock the butterfly lens on Snapchat, search for it in Snapchat lens studio, ask a friend for their link, or scan their snapcode on Google or Pinterest.
Snapchat’s Butterfly lens
Another Snapchat lens that activates its filter upon recognizing a face is the butterfly lens. Many butterflies flit about your head in this one. Because of the recent popularity of this effect, a plethora of butterfly filters may be found inside the application. However, the Paper Butterfly lens by an anonymous user named jp pirie was the spark that ignited the firestorm. The filter is free, as are all of Snapchat’s filters.
How to use the butterfly lens on Snapchat
Using the Snapchat lens link
The fastest method to unlock the Butterflies lens on Snapchat is to ask a friend to share the link who has already used this lens. Here are the steps:
- Find a friend on Snapchat who has already used the Butterflies lens.
- They can share it with you using a unique link, so you can unlock and get the lens.
- Ask your friend to open the Butterflies lens in your app and select the Share option.
- A link will be generated that they must copy and send it to you through the chat.
- Once you receive the link, click on it and the lens will automatically open in your app.
Scan an instant code for butterfly lenses
A Snapcode is a unique QR code that you can scan to access lenses and other items on Snapchat. If you get a butterfly lens Snapcode, you can simply scan that code using the Snap tab to unlock the lens. Here is how to do it:
- Open Snapchat on your smartphone.
- Tap the lens icon on the Snapchat camera screen.
- Now, scan the Butterflies Lens Snapcode (uploaded above). It’s like a QR code image, known as a Snap Code.
- It will unlock the Butterflies Lens for you. Once the scan is finished, tap on the lens to open it and you will see butterflies around you.
More from us:
- How to delete Facebook messages on a phone
- How to turn on Facebook birthday notifications?
- Why don’t some messages on Snapchat disappear?
Find Lenses in Snapchat Filter
If you are unable to get the Butterflies Lens on Snapchat with the above methods, just search for it using the Search option. It’s pretty easy and it worked for others.
- Open the Snapchat app.
- Touch search next to your profile icon in the upper left corner.
- Type Butterfly lens and you’ll get a bunch of butterfly lenses as a result.
- Pick a filter of your choice and apply it in an instant.
To remove the butterfly lens from Snapchat, open the lens in the app and tap on the “i” icon in the top left corner.
A pop-up window will appear and you need to select the “Remove” option to remove the lens.
If Snap filters aren’t functioning, enable them. Go to your Snapchat profile and select Settings. Under Additional Services, click Manage. If Filters isn’t on, click it.
The lifespan of a personalized filter might vary from one hour to one month. You should create an annual filter if you want to use your lenses for longer than a month.
Incompatible with outdated phones’ software and hardware, certain lenses can’t be used with such devices. On most Android phones (version 4.4 and above), you can install lenses.