When canceling the pending payment, there will be no further charges to your PayPal account. However, if payment for a purchase is completed, it is not possible to cancel it. In this situation, you need to contact the seller to request a refund.
How to cancel a payment on PayPal
- In the PayPal app, tap “Wallet”;
- Select the “Activity” tab
- Choose pending payment;
- Tap “Cancel”;
- Confirm the task in “Cancel payment”.
Please note that payments canceled with eCheck and Instant Transfer are credited to your PayPal account balance.
How to request a refund
If the option to “Cancel” does not appear in the details of a payment, then the payment cannot be canceled. For this, you need to contact the seller to request a refund of the amount invested in your PayPal account.
- In the PayPal app, look for the “Recent Activity” section
- Select pending payment;
- Use the contact information on this page to submit a refund request to the seller.
Upon requesting the chargeback, the money will be returned to your original payment method – to your PayPal, bank, or credit card account. If the seller refuses the return, you can open a dispute in the platform’s Resolution Center.
More from us: