You can download messages exchanged in groups on WhatsApp to save the history of conversations with other people. The process is quite simple and can be done in the messenger itself.
WhatsApp is automatically backed up periodically to the cloud by iCloud ( iPhone ) and Google Drive (Android). If you prefer, you can also make a manual backup and send the conversations via email or other apps such as Telegram. Thus, it is possible to uninstall the app from the cell phone and not risk losing important messages.
How to Download Messages on WhatsApp
You can use this step-by-step for individual or group conversations on WhatsApp. Check out!
- Select a WhatsApp conversation (individual or group);
- Touch the name of the contact or group to open the conversation options;
- Scroll down and tap “Export conversation“;
- Choose whether or not to attach media (audio, image, video, document) to the backup;
- Select the app you want to export the conversation from.
Keep in mind that if you want to append the media files, only the most recent ones will be added to the backup. Due to the size limit allowed for email messages, WhatsApp allows you to export up to 10,000 recent messages with media files and 40,000 messages without files.
More from us: