What better way to relax after a long day at work or school than to watch your favorite show or movie on Hulu? But sometimes Hulu account log in error can be a buzzkill to your leisure time plans.
As many users have said this is a problem, Hulu Community Page: It’s possible that you’re not the only one going through it.
What to do if you can’t log in to your Hulu account?
Most of the time, these kinds of problems are caused by servers that aren’t working or are down. But it’s also possible that your network or some of the files on your device are broken.
Today, we’ll show you what to do if you can’t get into your Hulu account.
Let us begin!
1. Check the Hulu servers
As was already said, most problems with logging in to Hulu are caused by their servers. To be sure, you can use third-party tools like a crash detector to see how Hulu’s servers are doing right now and if you’ve had any problems in the past.
If Hulu’s servers are down, the best thing to do right now is to wait. Since you can’t get into your account, you can’t fix the problem by changing any settings on your end.
If, on the other hand, the Hulu servers are working fine, you can move on to the next method below.
2. Check your account information
Most users also make the mistake of thinking that their account information is for another site or app. Since your Hulu account usually stays signed in, you might want to try a username or password for another account.
Make sure you have the correct username and password you used when you signed up for Hulu before you sign in.
3. Change your password and log out of all devices
You can always change your password on the Hulu website if you can’t remember what it was at first. But keep in mind that you have to sign in to the email account you used to create your Hulu account before you can change your password.
Please follow the steps below to change the password for your Hulu account:
- First, use your web browser to go to the Hulu login page and sign in there.
2. Then click “Forgot your email or password?”
3. Now, enter the email address you used to create your Hulu account and click the Send me the reset link button.
4. After this, go to your email and follow the instructions Hulu sent you to change your password.
5. The last step is to give your Hulu account a new password. Make sure to write it down on your phone or somewhere else you can find it easily if you forget your password.
Come back to Hulu later and try to sign in again to see if you can now.
After changing your password, make sure you sign out of your Hulu account on all of your devices to make sure it isn’t being used without your knowledge.
4. Keep an eye on subscription status
If you can’t sign in to your Hulu account on any device, your subscription may have ended, your payment method may have been declined, or you may have given the wrong login information. Log in to your online account page to see if you have any notices about a failed payment or if your subscription has ended.
After changing the way you pay for Hulu, go back to your streaming device and sign in again.
5. Check your Internet and restart
A slow or unstable Internet connection could also make it hard for your device to talk to the Hulu servers. To make sure, use fast.com to test your network and see how fast you can currently upload and download.
If the result shows that your network is slow, you’ll need to reboot the router to reconnect to your ISP’s servers.
Once this is done, test your network again to see if it now works right. If your internet connection is still slow, call your ISP and ask them to fix it.
On the other hand, you might want to change your plan if it’s slower than Hulu’s minimum speed requirement of 3 Mbps.
6. Disable VPN
You might not be able to get into your Hulu account because you are using a VPN. Some VPNs don’t work very well and can cause problems with your network by changing your IP address at random.
In this case, turn off your VPN before you sign into your Hulu account.
If you don’t live in the US, you can also check out guide on how to use Hulu from outside the US.
7. Clear the cache and cookies from your browser
You might not be able to sign in to your Hulu account because your browser’s data is broken. Caches and cookies are temporary files that your browser stores on your device to help websites load faster.
But over time, this information builds up and could make your browser act up. If you can’t sign in to your Hulu account, try clearing your browsing data to get rid of any broken files:
- First, open your favorite browser and sign in to Settings.
- After that, click Clear browsing data under Privacy and security.
- Now, change the time range to “All time” and add cache and cookies to the process.
- Lastly, click the Clear data button.
After you’ve done this, go back to Hulu and see if the problem is fixed.
8. Update the Hulu app.
Your device’s Hulu app may need to be updated. Your system’s version may no longer be supported by servers, and your device may have trouble verifying the credentials you gave.
On Android, here’s what you need to do to update the Hulu app:
- First, on your device, open the Google Play Store.
- Then, go to the menu on the side and tap My apps & games.
- The last step is to find Hulu on the list and tap the Refresh button.
Follow the steps below to update Hulu on your iOS device:
- Tap the App Store button on the home screen to open it.
- Now, sign in to yours Profile to see a list of apps that have updates.
- Lastly, tap the Update button next to Hulu to install the latest version.
9. Reinstall Hulu
If the update didn’t work, we suggest putting the app back on your device. It’s possible that the application wasn’t installed correctly or that its files were damaged during use or when the servers went down.
You can reinstall Hulu on your Android device by doing the following:
- Find the Hulu app in the app drawer and tap on the icon for it.
- Tap Uninstall now to get rid of the app.
- Lastly, open the Google Play Store and download Hulu again from there.
For a guide on how to reinstall Hulu on an iOS device, please see the following:
- First, turn on your iOS device and go to the home screen to find Hulu.
- Then, touch and hold the app icon until the menu of choices shows up.
- Tap Remove app to get rid of Hulu.
- Lastly, go to the App Store and download the app again.
10. Report the error to Hulu
If you still can’t sign in to your account, the Hulu team may need to help you in a special way. In this case, we recommend that you go to the Service Center and then call customer service from there.
When you tell Hulu about a problem, be sure to give as much information as possible, including a screenshot of the error. This will make it easier for Hulu to figure out what’s going on.
You can also ask for help from the Hulu community, and I hope you find someone who has had the same problem.
This is the end of our guide on what to do if you can’t get into Hulu. Please leave a comment below with your questions and other concerns, and we’ll do our best to answer them.