If you’ve seen the TikTok error message “your device does not support this effect,” it might not be your phone’s fault. This error message has shown up in TikTok for people with high-end phones, too.
Even though TikTok uses very few resources, which means it can run on low-end phones, there are times when the effects they add to the platform can’t run on some phones. This happens because the terminal doesn’t work with these filters and because it’s an error that hasn’t been fixed yet.
One clear example is the Walk through Versailles filter, which doesn’t seem to work on Motorola phones. There is a way to solve this problem, though. Do you want to know what it is? Keep reading, and we’ll show you how to use TikTok effects on phones that don’t work with it.
More from us:
- How to download videos from TikTok without any watermark
- How to check the number of shares for a TikTok video
How to fix the TikTok error “your device does not support this effect”?
Before you look at the tutorial that will help you fix this problem, you must update the app manually from the Google Play Store. If you have an old version of TikTok on your phone, you won’t be able to use filters that aren’t compatible with that version.
- Start up the TikTok app on your phone.
- Click on the small magnifying glass that says “Trends” to find the effect that your device doesn’t support.
- Click “Search” and type in the name of the filter that doesn’t work on your phone.
- When you find it, click on it.
- Add the filter to your list of favorites TikTok
- So, you must click on the camera-shaped icon and is at the bottom of the screen.
- If you get the message “Your device does not support this effect,” add it to your list of favourite filters.
- To do this, click “Add to favorites.”
- Once you’ve added the effect to your list of favourite filters, you have to go back to the main TikTok screen and click the “+” sign in the bottom centre of the screen.
- When you open the TikTok camera, you’ll need to click “Effects.”
- Go to the “Favorites” button.
- Click on the filter you added to your favorites list (the one that doesn’t work), and that’s it. In a few seconds, TikTok will make it easy for you to use that effect.
If you keep getting the “incompatible effect” message on TikTok, the only thing left to say is that you need to delete the app and download it again. When you reinstall it on your phone, you’ll have to go through the steps we showed you above this paragraph again.