This little-known background sound feature in macOS Ventura can help you relax and focus to increase your productivity behind the desk. We tell you how to set it up.
Working from home or spending many hours studying can be stressful. This feature can give you the reassurance you need to focus on the task at hand.
It can also come in handy when you need to relax and unwind after a hard day. Your Mac can help you get transported to the beach, at least mentally.
The best part is that you don’t have to watch ads or pay for a subscription.
How to Enable Background Sounds in macOS Ventura
Go to “System Preferences” and select “Accessibility”.
- Under Hearing, select Audio.
- In the Background Sounds section, activate the radio button.
- Click the “Choose…” button, then click the Download Sound button to download a high-quality version to your Mac. You can also see how much space each sound on your computer will take.
More from us:
- How to Unlock Butterfly Lens on Snapchat
- How to check System Uptime on windows 10
- How to fix Microsoft Outlook’s “Cannot open a set of folders” error
List of background sounds
So far, the possibilities are limited to this list, but this is a good start in order to adjust your workspace to a constant surrounding background.
- Balanced noise
- Bright noise
- Dark noise
You can also overlay background noise on top of your favorite music to customize the surroundings to your liking. Try combining Lo-Fi rhythms with Dark Noise or acoustic guitar with Rain.