Live Text is an iPhone feature that lets you select, copy, search, and translate text directly from photos. As of iOS 16, this facility has been expanded to videos shot using the Camera app, stored on the device, or on the internet. How to use Live Text on videos and how to enable/disable it will be covered in this article here.
How to enable Live Text on videos
As with photos, using Live Text on videos is quite simple and doesn’t need any configuration to activate it. The feature is available for iPhone XS, iPhone XR, and later models. The main functionalities are:
- Copy text to paste it into other apps like Messages, WhatsApp, and Notes;
- Select all the text in the video frame;
- Search for suggestions on the internet;
- Translate the text
- Search the web to search for selected text;
- Share with other apps.
How to use Live Text on videos
See, below, the step by step to learn how to enjoy Live Text on videos on iPhone.
- Play the video where you want to select text;
- Pause the video in the part where the text appears on the screen;
- Touch the Live Text symbol in the corner of the screen or, if you wish, press your finger and drag until the text is fully selected;
- Copy the text or perform the actions available through the feature on the iPhone.
Note that Live Text can still offer quick actions such as calling phone numbers, converting currencies, creating events, and visiting websites.
How to disable
If you prefer, you can disable Live Text to avoid involuntary touches and actions on the iPhone screen. To do this, access the Settings app, enter the “Camera” app and disable the “Show Detected Text” option.
More from us: